Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Bleach 557: I Already Threw Away my Life



Zach Goodier


This week, the battle between Bambietta and Komamura comes to a head, and we hear some explanation as to exactly how he, and his powers, have changed following this human transformation.  Simply put, by giving up his heart, he can transform into a human body that is itself immortal, and his bankai no longer has the limitations it possessed in it's previous form.  By shedding its armor, it no longer is susceptible to attack.  It seems counter-intuitive but without armor it is just a mass of power with no real body to attack, so no damage is transferred back to the owner.  The most important part for this battle, however, is that with this new power, is he able to finally going to be able to turn the tide of this battle?

This whole battle has turned one of my least favorite Soul Reapers into a real standout character, and I love it.  While Bleach, at least in my opinion, has generally had an overabundance of characters to follow once season 3 ended, it still does a great job of making each character feel like they have some sort of role or back-story to bring to the series.  However, the biggest downside is the one I'm experiencing right now: I want to move this stuff along so that we can get closer to the main event.  Fortunately, it doesn't look like that will take much longer now, so I'm just going to have to wait it out a little longer until next week to see what else unfolds.  So until then, stay nerdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment