Thursday, October 30, 2014

Razer Carcharias


By: Sean Dibble

Ok guys, so I went out a few weeks ago and got a new gaming headset and want to tell you what I think of it. This gaming peripheral is by Razer, personally my favorite gaming gear company. I know that the last gaming headset I purchased from this company the Kraken was subpar and I won't lie getting the Carcharias was a little nerve racking, but my gut was telling me it would be a good decision and my gut was correct. The Carcharias is simply amazing and well worth the 70 dollars I spent on getting them. The sound is beautiful, the mic is flawless, and it feels so comfortable. 


Sound Quality- So if you're getting a gaming headset you want to have amazing sound quality, I mean if you don't want that why bother spending your hard earned cash on getting a headset? Well the Carcharias is well worth the money. It features surround sound speakers quality and each earpiece has its own separate driver that you can calibrate to be flawless for your preference. The headset also comes with a volume control scroll so you don't need to mess with your computers volume, you can just flip the wheel until the sound is perfect for you. 


Microphone- Sometimes you need to chat with other gamers either to tell them where they need to be or to laugh at how bad they are doing. I personally am the one who is being that one guy who is terrible at multiplayer games and getting yelled at though so I need that mic to defend my mom who for some reason always gets brought up in these situations. This is great because some of the mics I've had the privilege of using in the past have made me sound like a chipmunk or would make my voice cut in and out and that doesn't really help you defend your style of play. This mic however is flawless, no chipmunking or cutting in or out and the mic is stylish too so if you're making a webcam video you look that much cooler.


Comfortability/Style- The Carcharias is so comfortable that I often forget that I am wearing a headset at all which is a huge plus when doing long gaming stints. With previous headsets that I have owned (including the Kraken) after about 2 or 3 hours my ears would start to hurt and I would need to stop playing, but not with this headset. I started playing Skyrim at 2 pm and at 6 pm I looked down and was like wait what? And the style is oh so beautifully slick and slim, the black and green design will have any gamer drooling over them. 


All in all, the Carcharias is the headset for a gamer on a budget, it is not at the top end of gaming headsets but its worth more than what you pay for it. The only downfall to this headset is the cord length, I do not know why but this Razer headset has a shorter length wire than the ones I've used in the past and while it something small it takes away from a great overall package.


Good:

- Extremely comfortable for long playthroughs

- The look is sleek and stylish

- Individual drivers in each ear piece to adjust the sound quality to your preference


Bad:

- An unfortunately short cord



Scully Rating 9.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment