Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Bleach 560: Rages at Ringside


Zach Goodier

Ok, I'm going to start out by saying that this chapter started out on a strong note, and then kind of just made me slap myself in the forehead.  I've been a Bleach fan for a few years, but this is getting a little silly.  So Sternritter "S" is beating on several officers, when Kensei and Rose show up to fight him, just as he was getting ready to go off to fight Renji and Rukia.  The first round is clearly all Kensei, who unleashes his bankai and thoroughly devastates his opponent.  However, Shuhei desperately warns Kensei that the true danger is his small sidekick, who soon starts cheering to rouse his comrade from his battered state... AND IT WORKS!!! Not in the way that it boosts his morale, and gives him the emotional support needed to find the strength to get up, but in the way where the man is apparently powered by cheering, like a battery that get's charged up by girly screaming.  

I enjoyed the fight, initially, it was fast, awesome, and showcased the strength of one of the cooler Vizards, Kensei.  However, that couldn't be the end.  Now, it appears we'll have another 3 or 4 week mini-arc of just these guys fighting, and the plot will be at a standstill again.  Oh well, I'm at the point where I just want to get through it so I can see something else, like something that actually moves the story along.

No comments:

Post a Comment