Tuesday, August 5, 2014

You should be watching...


By: Robert Murphy

Hey everyone, I know the title is probably something you haven't seen before from our site but I thought it was a neat and appropriate one for what I was going to share with you all today and that's some of the interesting shows I've been watching come out over the past three weeks. I know that some of you who read our reviews and articles don't have the advantage of using HuluPlus as a video streaming service, heck I think I'm the only writer for the site that has an account too but these shows I'm about to share can surely be found subtitled online or possibly dubbed somewhere as well but I doubt it. Feel free though to try the sites that we provide as a source or try Gogoanime.com or Animeget.com which are some sites that I've used also. 

Sword Art Online 2

Yes, the second season of one of my favorite animes of the past few years has finally started it's second season and so far it is really something. Kirito is still a part of the story as well as Asuna but she is more limited as for what I have seen. We do however see a new character to join this second season and her name Sinon and she is a prominent player in the new game that Kirito has been roped into entering this time around. The game is called Gun Gale Online and is definitely a step away from the kind of games that Kirito played in the first season, Kirito is more of a fantasy game kind of guy and has noteable sword skills as anyone who is familiar with the show will know. But GGO is a whole new world for him and whether or not he can survive in it is something you will have to see for yourself. Below is the opening for the new show which is quite catchy and so far there are five episodes out and they are up usually by mid-Saturday afternoon. 



Tokyo Ghoul

Now this show is something that has been a bit of a buzz lately on some of the anime pages that I liked on Facebook and one that had deeply creeped me out from the images that were shared. But while searching for new shows to watch on HuluPlus I discovered that the new episodes are being added for it every week on Thursdays or Fridays I believe. The show follows Ken Kaneki who is your average young school boy just living his life but one who has set his eyes on a woman who visits the same coffee shop he does and he works up the courage to ask her out. This will prove to be disastrous for him as the world Ken lives in is dealing with beings known as Ghouls, these creatures are well known and actively hunted in the world and unfortunately Ken has made a date with one. After a short lived night the date turns into a feast for the Ghoul named Rize as she tries to eat Ken but she ends up being killed and in order to save him the doctors put her organs inside of him. This leaves Ken to become a rare species, a half Ghoul/half human hybrid and now he must learn how to survive in both worlds. The opening isn't something I enjoy but I will share it with you all because I'm not selfish like that.



Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus

Last on my list of goodies for you all is the latest season for another personal favorite of mine, Black Butler or Kuroshitsuji as some of you may also know it as. While this latest season is technically the third season for the show it tells the story that is excluded from the anime and was suppose to take place after the curry competition in the first season of the show. It is well known by the manga readers that there are quite a few arcs left out of the story we've seen so far and it is more than welcomed by myself to see done now. The story follows Ciel and his devilish butler Sebastian who after a short opening episode are sent on another mission by the Queen that befits the guard dog of Britain. It appears that wherever a mysterious traveling circus goes children have gone missing and it is up to the two to discover if these people are behind it. There are a great new cast of characters to see such as a man named Joker and his entire circus crew who put on a great show but feel like they definitely got more going on underneath the make up and tricks. So far there are four episodes released and new episodes come out every Friday. Below I have left you another enjoyable opening to watch and I hope you all get the chance to check out these, so far, stellar new shows. 



No comments:

Post a Comment