Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Bleach 577: Sword



Zach Goodier

This week's chapter is a little short, but we finally get a glimpse of Kenpachi's zanpakuto, Nozarashi.  Gremmy's meteor looks to be closing in, and even the Quincy panic in the face of the destruction it promises to bring as it descends on the Seretei.  Is Kenpachi's new power enough to stop this impending destruction? 

I can understand why Gremmy was considered an unstable asset for the Quincy to use, but I wish we had a little more exposition on just what drove the Quincy to use him.  I mean, did they honestly feel backed into a corner? Because, they really haven't acted like that, on the contrary, they've killed their own people who have lost, so apparently they aren't suffering from any serious shortage of manpower.  The question is nagging at me, and I haven't really thought of any solid answer, as of yet.  Perhaps they simply wanted to step up their game, and throw their worst at the Soul Society, but then Hashwald is still sitting on the sidelines, but I suppose he's serving as Juha Bach's bodyguard.  Overall, the lack of explanation is a bit of a plot-hole, at the moment.  Perhaps they'll fill in some of the blanks later, but I doubt it at this point.  

Next week, we'll have to come back and see if Kenpachi has what it takes to finish Gremmy once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment