Friday, March 29, 2013

Meet the Staff: Ben Scully


(Note from Zach) Scully is keeping his picture secret, so I chose a character from an anime that approximates his personality.



My name is Ben Scully, I am the founder and creator of ScullyNerdReviews.com.  I have been an anime fan for well over 12 years now and in my internet searches for a new anime to watch I could never find a good review website that offered any feedback on what anime shows were good and which ones were not.  So during my undergrad years I started up ScullyNerdReviews.com as a way to help other anime fans in this dilemma of finding a new anime to watch.  Since then this website has grown and expanded with the help of my friends in a complete nerd reviews website including not only anime but, video games, Magic the Gathering, movies, and music. 



My interests have always been in the action genera of anime my favorite anime include, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, InuYasha, Hellsing, Full Metal Panic, Berserk, Gungrave, etc, just to name a few.  My most inspirational anime for me growing up would definitely have to be Dragon Ball Z and InuYasha for sure, my favorite characters out of the two shows oddly enough are Vegeta and Sango.  Vegeta; for the simple reason that he is a man driven by a goal and he in turn works very hard to obtain his goal, he will endure any hardship and sacrifice anything he has to be the best.  Sango from InuYasha is a more disciplined, down to earth, loyal, and dedicated character that is always ready to sacrifice everything she has to achieve success or to save the lives of others, her simple devotion and dedication makes her one of my favorite anime characters.      



Personally, I am a jack of many trades, I do writing as a hobby and I am always in the process of writing a new book varying in genre.  I am constantly traveling and I have been to Japan, as well as China, and have studied both languages so when it comes to anime especially it is something I enjoy to say the least as a hobby.  This website is another hobby for me and my friends and we enjoying doing it and we hope that our readers appreciate the time and effort we put into giving them reviews to help in their nerdy activities.
If you wish to contact myself or any of the other Scully Nerd Reviews staff please Email us at: 

Enjoy,
Scully