Monday, March 18, 2013

Meet the Staff: Robert Murphy






Hi everyone, my name's Robert, but I typically go by Murphy and I came to the site to lend a hand to the founder, Scully, initially for video game reviews since there weren’t too many reviews done at the time for games and I spend large portions of my life and my cash to playing and purchasing video games. But I’m not only subject to playing video games though, I’m also an anime lover and as those of you may or may not have notice as I do anime reviews for the site as well. So you can definitely call me a nerd and a good fit for a nerd website since most of my interests cover things from all walks of nerd culture. Some of my favorite games/animes include Black Butler, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, Code Geass, Halo and the entirety of its franchise, Borderlands, Fallout 3 and Battlefield 3, but this list would go on forever if I were to list all of my favorites, so I’ll cut it off there.

I’m mainly here because I figured why not put my anime and gaming love to good use after watching and playing games for about three quarters of my 20 years on this Earth since my very first Playstation and Gameboy Color. I hope that one day the site could turn into something profitable and that I could get paid for what I love doing which is play video games, ahh what a pipe dream but hey you never know it could happen, right?


Now when it comes to video games, I myself enjoy a good shooter, but I’ve played all sorts of games over the years, when I was young in the 90’s I fell in love with Pokemon like most 90’s kids and I still to this day buy the newest Pokemon games. As for my first console, I use to be a diehard Playstation gamer but made the transition to Xbox 360 and it what I do most of gaming on to this day and look down on me if you will but I am an achievement whore and proud of it. It isn’t what I get video games for but I do enjoy going after all those unique achievements that game developers include in their games. As for anime, what can I say I was raised on it, like the other members of Scullynerdreviews, grew up on Toonami spending my afternoons watching Dragonball Z, Gundam and much more. And like with my love for video games I don’t have a set preference for the anime I watch, I love a good story that makes me think and I can sink my teeth into but I can also enjoy the tit bouncing/ panty showing shows that pander to male audiences such as a favorite show of mine Highschool of the Dead.


In closing, I hope you all enjoy my reviews and my writing and I will continue to keep doing what I do best and that is nerding out on anime and games so you can hopefully find something to your liking out there. I also hope you all continue to enjoy all that Scullynerdreviews has to offer and we all here at the site will continue to do our best to bring you solid reviews and much more.