Wednesday, April 17, 2013

“Defiance” Episode One





Well guys, it's Dibby here, and I just gotta say I LOVE DEFIANCE. There, I said it, I watched the first episode and instantly fell in love. I even recorded it so I could watch it again tomorrow. Defiance has instantly become one of my favorite science fiction shows I have ever seen. Now this doesn’t replace Firefly as my favorite, I mean only one episode has aired but I will be bringing my friends over to my house to watch this show. The plot is amazing, the cast is perfect getting Julie Benz to play a mayor of the town with the title as its name is awesome, the aliens OHHHH the aliens I promise you will love the look and feel that the creator gave them. One thing this show has going for it is the link between the show and game. Now the game takes place in the San Francisco area and the show in St. Louis but and without giving away anything from ether there are small little plot twists in the show that if you played the game you would be the only ones who understand them. For instance in the very beginning of the episode you see Nolan and Irsis use this cool little gadget to get this odd but cool looking sphere. If you didn’t play the game (mission is no longer available in game ether) you have no idea the pain these two went through getting that cool little gadget. Now I am hoping that there will be more links between the game and show but if they are only small and subtle like this one I will be ok with it, because I know whats going on and you don’t hahaha :P. Now I won't be doing a weekly thing about this show only because well I REFUSE TO GIVE AWAY ANY OF IT. But all I have to say no all I need to say is that if you want a good show to watch on Monday nights check out Defiance.