Saturday, April 6, 2013

In the News: Rumors about the new Microsoft console





Hey guys, it's Sean here, and I’m sure you have already heard, but just wanted to pass this along to you just in case you haven’t. It is been said that Microsoft’s next console to battle the PS4 will be an “always on” console. This means to play a game or start an app you must be logged onto the internet. This won’t be a major issue for those of you that live in cities or towns with good internet connection, but if you are like me, and live where internet is not always readily available, you will be out of luck. And Microsoft’s Creative Director Adam Orth said on his twitter account this “Sorry, I don’t get the drama about an “always on” console. Every device is “always on” that’s the world we live in #dealwithit.” With an attitude from the creative director like that I am not sure I would want to buy anything from Microsoft again. That is just me, but when a company expects you to spend close to $600 on a system, I don’t want to be told to deal with it if I cannot play due to my internet lacking. Now this in no means has been confirmed by Microsoft and is only a rumor floating around the web but if this is true what do you guys think? Will you stay with the Xbox or jump consoles and join the other side and play with a Sony made console?

(Note from Zach Goodier) I suppose you could jump to the latest Nintendo console too... but unless you have a hankering for Mario or Zelda I really don't see why you would.